SkyWalking: Large-Scale Distributed Systems Tracing Infrastructure, also known Distributed Tracer.
- sky-walking v3.0 iteration begins… The top 2 important features are:
Update the trace-structureand
Analyze trace, and bring metric/analytic/cause up
- See feature codes at branch feature/3.0
- The new UI release on wu-sheng/sky-walking-ui
- An open source Large-Scale Distributed Systems Tracing Infrastructure, also known a ditributed tracer.
- Based on Google Dapper Paper: Dapper, a Large-Scale Distributed Systems Tracing Infrastructure, read Simplified Chinese Version
- Support popular rpc frameworks, such as dubbo, dubbox, motan etc., trigger email-alert when application occurs unexpected exception.
- Auto-instrumentation mechenism, no need to CHANGE any application source code.
- Easy to deploy, even in product mode (since 2.0) . No need of Hadoop, HBase, or Cassandra Cluster.
- Pure Java server implementation. provide gRPC (since 2.0) and HTTP (since 2.1) cross-platform spans collecting service.
- Tomcat 7
- Tomcat 8
- easily extend to support sybase, sqlserver, jtds, db2, informix
opentracing supported frameworks
Chinese Articles about sky-walking and distributed tracer
If you are Chinese Developer, you can join QQ Group: 392443393, and Tagged Sky-Walking.
In October 2016, Sky Walking won
OneAPM Open Source Achievement Award. The award appreciates sky walking for its “contribution to popularization of APM technology”.
OneAPM will provide financial support for the project in 2016-2017.
Thanks all users of sky walking project.
- distributed trace
- alarm mail