Welcome to Wu Sheng 吴晟 GitHub Pages
First of all, I am an open source lover. Contribute for different open source projects in these years. And want to continue my contributions. ^_^
Right now, I am Tetrate.io Founding Engineer. Running following Open Source projects
- Apache SkyWalking. As project creator, PPMC member and committer.
- Apache ShardingSphere. As project co-founder, prototype author, PPMC member and committer.
- Apache Zipkin. As contributor, for design and code review.
- Member of Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) OpenTracing Specification Council, for representing SkyWalking project.
My work revolves around distributed systems, distributed tracer, APM, and runtime code generation/manipulation tech. My primary goal is to build an apm/tracer tool, with High Efficient, Professional, for distributed-cluster or cloud, and also easy to use. In particular, interested in how to build and diagnose large scale systems.
News About Me
- Lead SkyWalking graduated as Apache Top Level Project. Be project V.P.
- Be selected to be on the Program Committee for KubeCon + CloudNativeCon 2019
- Be promoted as Apache Incubator PMC member.
- Give speech @ servicemesher.com meetup about “Observability and Istio telemetry”. (Oct.)
- Release SkyWalking 6.0.0. SkyWalking becomes an observability platform, which accepts telemetry from Istio and supports language agents in Java, .Net and NodeJS.
- Assist ShardingShpere join Apache Incubator. Take responsibilites as PPMC and committer.
- Give sppech @ Kaiyuanshe COSCon 2018 about “SkyWalking From personal project to global”. (Oct.)
- Give speech @ GOPS 2018 Shanghai about “Tracing in Zipkin, Analysis in SkyWalking”. (Sep. 15th)
- Join Zipkin org. Help Zipkin to join Apache Incubator.
- Host Apache SkyWalking & Zipkin Meetup.
- Give speeches at jd.com, qunar.com and daocloud.io about “SkyWalking’s Apache way”.
- Give speech @ Linux Foundation LC3 Asia about “Do auto and manual instrumentation in Apache SkyWalking APM” (June 26)
- Give speech @ QCon Beijing 2018 about “The development of SkyWalking”. (March 20)
- Release SkyWalking 5.0. At this moment, SkyWalking is an open source, fully functional APM system.
- Give speech @ tracing system implementors’ workshop, Seattle US, about “Tracing in china + skywalking”. (Jan.)
- Win 2018-2019 Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) award in recognition of the exceptional technical community leadership.
- Represent Apache SkyWalking to be a member of OpenTracing Specification Council (OTSC)
- SkyWalking accepted by Apache as an Incubator project.
- Join TraceContext organization.
- Give speech @ CNUTCon Shanghai 2017 about “Build the APM for mircoservice architecture system”.
- Join Huawei.
- Give speech @ QCon Beijing 2017 about “OpenTracing and sky-walking APM”, which is the first Chinese OT speech.
- Release SkyWalking 3.0, upgrade to an APM from a tracer.
- Be a mentor for Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF), OpenTracing, in Google Summer of Code 2017.
- Release SkyWalking 2.1, first release version supports OpenTracing.
- Release OpenTracing specification v1.0 zh-edition
- Release SkyWalking 1.0.
GitHub Profile Page: ( https://github.com/wu-sheng )
Contributed GitHub Projects
- Apache SkyWalking
- Apache ShardingSphere
- CNCF OpenTracing specification
- W3C distributed-tracing sepecification
- 2018-Now APM leader, Tetrate.io Inc, US.
- 2018-2019 BitMain, Technical consultant, China.
- 2017-2018 Chief Engineer, 2012 Labs, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd, China
- 2016-2017 APM Architect, OneAPM, China.
- 2012-2016 Senior Software Architect, AsiaInfo, China.
- 2009-2012 Software Architect, Cattsoft, China.
- 2007-2009 Intern Assistant Architect, An Hua Agriculture Insurance, China.
- 2007-2009 Master Degree, Software Enginnering, Jilin University, China.
- 2003-2007 Bachelor Degree, Software Enginnering, Jilin University, China.
- E-Mail: email@example.com